Sol Flower, Arizona’s Newest Medical Marijuana Dispensary Wellness Center, is seeking team-oriented security professionals that possess superior customer service skills because safely serving our patients is our number one priority! Sol Flower’s security team strives to provide safeguards and solutions to properly operate the business by providing on-site security and compliance services.
Sol Flower has two valley locations in Tempe and Sun City. Established in 2019, Sol Flower is a wellness brand established in 2019 by Copperstate Farms Management, LLC, a vertically integrated cannabis management company. The brand includes Sol Flower Dispensary and Sol Flower Café and Wellness Center. A first-of-its-kind multidimensional retail concept, Sol Flower is dedicated to building an inclusive cannabis community by empowering wellness for all. Designed to be a resource for the canna-curious and medical cannabis patients, Sol Flower offers a diverse curriculum of educational classes on alternative healthcare with trusted, wellness experts. Sol Flower is about living life to the fullest and living life with sol!
The Security Officer position prevents unauthorized visitors, provides general building security and assists with the physical collection of company assets from multiple locations as assigned; completes related work as required. Security persons promote order and provide visible presence that deters safety issues. Security officers greet patients with a friendly attitude and offer excellent customer service.
Ensure access to the enclosed, locked facility is limited to the dispensary’s principle officers, board members, and Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a post or security checkpoint and ensure all employees and visitors have proper identification.
- Greets members of the public and ascertains their business in the building or section of the building.
- Regularly patrols the exterior and interior of the facility.
- Regularly check facilities doors, windows, heating and cooling systems, an any other potential entry access points.
- Provides security presence for a building or section of a building.
- Visually screens individuals passing through secure checkpoints.
- Maintain daily reporting logs.
- Monitor security and alarm systems.
- Report signs of damage and unlawful entry as it occurs.
- Transport valuable company assets between numerous valley location.
- Follow all traffic laws and company policies while using company vehicles.
- All other job duties as assigned.
- Meet departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Ensure compliance to all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all company security protocols and procedures.
- Problem Solving and Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Safety Minded.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Attention to Detail.
- Customer Service Oriented.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is responsible for ensuring a safe environment and ensuring all employees are using the correct personal protective equipment (PPE) and all tools and equipment are being used correctly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position may require the employee to drive for several hours, between multiple locations. The employee will make stops as necessary to collect and deposit company assets. This position will require the employee to exercise situational awareness skills while following designated routes.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full time and part time positions are available. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Local travel, with the possibility of state wide travel.
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Previous security experience.
Must have a valid class D driver license.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree.
2. 1-5 years of experience in a security environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Security: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Are you interested in full-time or part-time employment?
- One location