Lab Tech – Entry LevelHourly Item 9 posted 1 week ago
The primary responsibilities of Lab Technicians are to process cannabis plant material into purified oil per the Company’s SOPs with guidance from the Lab Manager. Also responsible for turning oils in to concentrates.
- Prepares equipment and plant materials for extraction
- Operates solvent extraction and separations equipment and non-solvents refinement equipment that extracts and refines oil from a variety of cannabis plant material.
- Maintain laboratory and equipment cleanliness to meet the state and local requirements
- Maintain inventory records of all plant materials, chemicals and equipment used in the lab
- Operating, maintaining, repairs and adjustments to lab equipment
- Observes, monitors & records temperature, pressure and other parameters on processes and equipment.
· Creating wax
· Overseeing purge ovens
· Flipping slabs of shatter
· Sugar/crystal production.
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in science, chemistry or pharmaceutical related discipline
- Basic laboratory skills including use of a balance, centrifuge, and pipetting
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft office
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be proficient in the Principles of Biochemistry, Organic and Inorganic Chemistry
- Must be proficient in laboratory procedures, techniques and language used in a Chemistry lab
- Must be proficient in the scientific methods of measurements
- Must be proficient in the proper safety and handling of harmful chemicals, substances and hazardous waste
Job Type: Full-time
- Extraction: 1 year (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Monday to Friday