Director of Curriculum Development & Teacher Development
The Director of Curriculum and Professional Development is responsible for the development, editing, quality control, and production of the curricula, as well as management of The Hemp Cannabis College Curriculum and Professional Development Department.
Currently seeking a highly motivated and talented Director of Curriculum and Professional Development for THCCollege.com, an online ind local school specializing in educating Cannabis activists with a desire to enter or maximize their productivity.
This position is charged with providing leadership for THCCollege.com Curriculum and Professional Development (CPD) programs. This includes the planning, development and production of curriculum materials, processes and best practices that are evaluated and acknowledged to be highly effective in improving student outcomes.
Additionally, this position is responsible for the management of employees and processes used in the Professional Development program and the THCCollege.com Instruction/ Assessment Database.
The purpose of THCC C&PD Department is to continuously improve STUDENT OUTCOMES through the seamless integration of THCC faculty experience and wisdom with curriculum development process expertise.
The department also strives to have the most sought after professional development program for Cannabis Educators.
Associated programs will be implemented and regularly evaluated and assessed using the Instruction/Assessment Database system.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of new curriculum. Conduct research and consult with faculty, staff and business representatives in the design and development of new curriculum.
- Coordinate the review/assessment of current curriculum to ensure that course/program is meeting intended objectives and requirements.
- Prepare instructional material for printing and develop outlines with the necessary basic detail to direct instruction.
- Develop and maintain research database that may be utilized to develop and review curriculum.
- Use evaluations and data to make recommendations for how to improve and edit curricula on an annual basis.
- Develop curricular goals and outlines for new curriculum and curriculum updates.
- Identify and lead a team of teachers who will assist in curriculum development.
- Actively pursue opportunities to continue to learn best practices in curriculum writing through research, professional development, and other learning opportunities.
Professional Development for Teachers
- Identify guest speakers and trainers on topic, and develop activities that will train teachers academic content and in best practices in education.
- Aggressively pursue opportunities to learn best practices in teacher professional development through research, professional development, and other learning opportunities.
- Provide in-class support and coaching to teachers using designated curricula, including coaching on teacher strategies, help connecting to outside speakers on resources, and assistance in leading classroom activities and lessons.
- Work with Development team and Director to produce reports for external stakeholders.
- Work with Executive Team and program staff to recruit teachers
- Attend conferences and meetings to promote program and mission to stakeholders
- Responsible for updating reports and scheduling visits for compliance process.
- Assist Executive Team in the financial and administrative management of all teacher-based programs, including developing and meeting budget, fundraising, and hiring and supervising staff.
- Knowledge of current techniques and procedures used in the design and development of curriculum.
- Good computer (Microsoft office) and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written; research, develop, present, and promote projects; work independently; prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to evaluate instructional programs and teaching effectiveness
- Ability to manage budget and personnel
- Ability to implement policy and procedures
- Ability to interpret data
- Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate use of appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
- Considerable knowledge of current literature, trends, and developments in the field.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles of supervision, organization and administration.
- Ability to develop long term goals and objectives.
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and make recommendations for improvements.
- Ability to provide leadership and to supervise the planning, development and establishment of new, modified and/or improved programs.
- Ability to mentor and train new teachers, ability to hold high standards while also offering support and maintaining positive relationships.
- Knowledge of Slingerland, Lindamood-Bell, Language, and Making Math Real programs. Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Apply research and data to improve the content, sequence, and outcomes of the teaching-learning process.
- Work with appropriate faculty to develop, maintain, and revise curriculum documents based on systematic review and analysis.
- Involve instructional faculty team in evaluating and selecting instructional materials to meet student learning needs.
- Monitor professional research and disseminate ideas and information to others.
- Ensure the use of technology in the teaching-learning process.
- Plan the necessary time, resources, and materials to support accomplishments of education goals.
- Obtain and use evaluative findings (including student achievement data to examine curriculum and instruction program effectiveness.
- Provide effective staff development activities that incorporate the mission of the school, program evaluation outcomes, and input from teachers and others.
- Responsible for textbook selection and ordering process.
- Oversee the curriculum for library services and work collaboratively with librarian.
- Compile budgets and cost estimates based on documented program needs.
- Team player with positive attitude, sense of humor, energy, and dedication to collaboration. Minimum and Preferred Education:
Minimum: Bachelor’s degree and teaching certification, preferably associated with Special Education Preferred:
Master’s degree in Education Administration or in Curriculum & Instruction
Minimum and Preferred Experience:
Minimum: Five years, including a minimum of two years in program/curriculum development; at least two years experience managing or supervising others.
Preferred: 7-10+ years of teaching experience, preferably as a Master teacher 3-5 years of experience training, mentoring and coaching teachers The ideal candidate will have 8 years of professional experience, including at least 5 years as a teacher. At least 2 years of experience leading, coaching, or training other teachers is preferred. Candidates should demonstrate process, management and administrative ability. Knowledge and experience developing curriculum and planning lessons are required.. S/he should be highly organized and able to work independently and without much supervision. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Candidates should also have high energy and a willingness to be flexible and creative.
Full-time position starting immediately
Competitive salary and benefits package available.