As one of Arizona’s Premier Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, ANC – Arizona Natural Concept’s goal is to provide professional service while making high quality medicine available to all of it’s patients, where safety, education and convenience are paramount. At ANC you’re greeted by knowledgeable, friendly staff members with expertise in medical marijuana products offering a unique “Deli Style” service, along with pre-packaged offerings. While you wait our unique Exhibition Kitchen allows you to see cannabis edibles being created. At ANC we will always remember our purpose is to help people in need who can benefit from alternative sources of medicine.
- Acting as the face of the dispensary, greeting customers
- Facilitating the sale
- Educating customers about a variety of cannabis products, including flower, edibles, and concentrates
- Staying abreast of new products, strains, changes in laws, and industry trends in order to provide the highest level of service to customers
- Weighing and packaging products as needed
- Providing recommendations on cannabis products based on customer requests
- Maintaining medical cannabis patient information and proper records (if at a medical dispensary)
- Advising customers on proper safety measures to follow when consuming cannabis
- Verifying proper identification and paperwork from customers
- Assisting in various dispensary operations, including operating the cash register and maintaining hygienic conditions
- 21 years of age or older
- no felonies
- able to be employed in United States
Bud Tender Job Explained: What is a Budtender?
A budtender’s role is to help all customers – novice and veteran – navigate the wide world of recreational cannabis consumption. While the word budtender comes from a blend of the words “bud” and “bartender”, a budtender’s job is more complex than that of a bartender’s. Successful budtenders have intimate knowledge of their store’s inventory and can speak to the different nuances within each product and strain. They work with customers to recommend the best product based on customer preferences. They might ask the customer when the last time was and how often they consume cannabis or what they want to feel after consuming cannabis, so they can suggest the best product for that customer. Budtenders are also familiar with the different cannabis accessories (pipes, vaporizers, etc.) as well as the wide range of smokeless edibles, concentrates and tinctures and can speak about the different methods and modes of cannabis consumption.
Hygiene and customer safety is a crucial part of the budtender’s role. When handling products budtenders should use the same guidelines as the food industry – wear gloves or use tongs when touching product and tie back hair to prevent it from ending up in the customer’s purchase. Budtenders will also ensure that the building and the dispensary itself meet health inspection and fire safety standards. The marijuana being sold has to be accounted for from seed to sale so that it can never be sold on an illegal underground market and it must be weighed and packaged safely and accurately.
Budtenders are passionate about cannabis and stay on top of industry news, important holidays and events. They include this element of culture and passion in their interactions with customers which creates a rich and meaningful dispensary experience. They’ll often stay informed about latest scientific studies as well as the legal system’s requirements.
Budtenders provide guidance and educate customers about cannabis products, so their customers will have an safe and enjoyable cannabis experience.