At Nature’s Medicines, we are in the business of improving people’s lives. We bring our purpose to life by creating life-enhancing experience in the communities we serve, navigating our business lines with excellence, and dedicating ourselves to shaping the future of cannabis as a leading healthcare solution. As a team that connects, enlightens, and empowers, Nature’s Medicines is looking for people who are inspired by our vision and wish to grow with us as we continue our national expansion. If you too would like to improve people’s lives, we’d like to learn more about you.
WHY NATURE’S MEDICINES:
The Nature’s Medicines team is defined by our people. We are committed to our values and have created a culture of trust, but we also remember to have fun. Here are a few more reasons why Nature’s Medicines is a great place to be:
- Competitive pay
- Attractive insurance benefits and options
- Paid time off
- Professional development and workplace happiness initiatives
We believe in building a diverse team, and we strive to make our company a welcoming space where everyone can make an impact on Nature’s Medicines success. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds to join us.
The Assistant Controller and Technical Accountant will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting, analysis of new accounting pronouncements and be an integral part of the finance team. The Assistant Controller will prepare financial statements, manage balance sheets, and analyze various expenses to ensure the integrity of all data. The Assistant Controller will assist in improving the quality of documentation and reporting of the organization. This position will work in a dynamic and ever-changing, complex environment and must enjoy working as part of a team. This position requires strong collaboration, credibility, integrity and the ability to partner with multiple business leaders.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prepare financial statement to summarize and forecast the company’s financial status.
- Must be able to research and interpret technical accounting guidance and prepare company position documentation.
- Oversee accounting staff to ensure industry standards are met.
- Review account reconciliations prepared by staff to ensure accuracy and timeliness of entries.
- Review sales tax and other liability accounts.
- Reconcile intercompany accounts including eliminating entries.
- Responsible for lease accounting.
- Must have knowledge of ASC 842.
- Assist with business combination accounting. Must have working knowledge of ASC 805 and ASC 820.
- Prepare month end period end financials for review by the Regional Controller and Corporate Controller, including variance analysis.
- Propose and implement continuous improvement processes.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time-to-time.
- Prepare and consolidate financial statements.
- Manage the general ledger.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and year-end analysis.
- Serve as a liaison to external auditors.
- Supervise accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting departments.
- Produce and manage balance sheets and analyze future earnings and expenses.
- Assist with management of accounting, auditing, and budgeting within the organization.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Controller and CFO with their responsibilities.
- Oversee the ongoing accounting and finance functions, including but not limited to: month-end close processes, journal entries, variance analysis, account reconciliations, and identifying issues and solutions as needed.
- Responsible for budgeting, internal and external reporting, database management and reporting, regulatory compliance and automation.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures to improve overall effectiveness of the company
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others withing the finance team.
- Work with audit as needed.
- Provide strategic advice for enhancements to existing financial reporting systems and reporting packages.
- Assist with the preparation of financing schedules and business plans.
- Proactively find solutions and create best practices for the Finance team.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Be able to build relationships across the company.
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers by providing exceptional customer service.
- Be innovative and stay current on all laws and best practices in the industry.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required and an essential function of this role.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8-10+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years of public accounting experience.
- Understanding of consolidations and eliminations
- Experience in a multi-entity environment
- Experience with complex legal entity structures, including intercompany transactions, consolidating eliminations and joint ventures.
- MBA and/or CPA Preferred
- NetSuite experience a plus.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to cannabis helpful.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age per state licensing guidelines.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- The ability to multitask and balance several projects simultaneously on a national scope.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically advanced Excel skills.
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive state and federal background check per licensing requirements.
- Must have a current valid State-issued Driver’s License.
- Proper employment documentation and authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- A high level of professionalism focusing on internal and external customer service.
- Willingness to travel when necessary, to work extended hours when required to fulfill company growth requirements, and to be flexible with schedule and availability.
- Personal and professional attributes that exhibit a “whatever it takes” and “find a way” attitude.
- Excellent communication both verbally and through written media.
- Must be able to handle constructive feedback and guidance and offer the same to those within the organization.
- Ability to articulate job goals in a manner they are completed effectively the first time.
- Be a motivational leader and be able to inspire a team in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to manage high-stress faced paced situations and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
The above requirements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, and this job description may be amended at any time. Required experience, training, or educational requirements shall be as indicated or as deemed acceptable by Nature’s Medicines management.
Nature’s Medicines is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation and/or interview process should notify the job poster.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 – $115,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Public Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible