THC College Administrative Assistant
The Hemp Cannabis College
Reports To: Director
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing clerical, administrative, and project support to the
student affairs, services and admissions activities overseen by the Director of Affairs and
Admissions in The Hemp Cannabis College. He/she maintains a current knowledge of appropriate college and
academic policies, processes and procedures in an effort to assure efficiency and integrity of the office of
the Director. Serves as primary point of operational and administrative contact for internal and
external constituencies related to student affairs and admissions, often on complex and confidential
issues. Oversees and/or participates in the coordination, control, and completion of special projects and
events. May serve on a variety of committees in a support capacity.
1. Understands and adheres to the Values, Mission and Vision of THC College.
2. Provides administrative support for the Director for Student Affairs and Admissions and
related Assistant Directors.
3. Provides support for associated activities, to include managing the schedule/calendar, making
travel arrangements, screening and handling telephone communications, greeting and directing
visitors, and dealing with administrative problems and inquiries as appropriate.
4. Serves as a primary point of direct administrative contact and liaison with other offices,
individuals, and external institutions and agencies on a range of issues.
5. Utilizes knowledge and understanding of underlying operational issues to assist in administrative
6. Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and special events as requested; schedules and
coordinates dates and times, venues, attendance, agendas, and facilities; takes minutes, and
provides administrative support and follow-up on matters arising from meetings.
7. Is actively involved in the accreditation and other related activities for THC College.
8. Participates in development of administrative policies for admissions.
9. Establishes and maintains organized and efficient files and records for the Office of Student
Affairs and Admissions; gathers, enters, and/or updates data to maintain records, files and
databases, as appropriate. Responsible for the administration, security, confidentiality, and
retention of office files.
10. Creates, composes, and edits technical and/or administrative correspondence and
documentation; prepares a variety of technical, statistical, financial and narrative reports, letters,
memos, and other written correspondence and materials.
11. Screens and evaluates incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepares responses as
12. Assists in the coordination, control, and completion of special projects as requested.
13. Assists with preparation of presentations delivered by the Director and related Assistant Directors.
14. Attends and takes notes at various administrative and operational meetings as requested.
15. Serves as an integral component in staff, faculty and student activities.
16. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs,
current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
17. Serves as front desk receptionist/admin assistant during meal breaks, rest periods, and at other
times when needed.
18. Assists the other administrative assistants as requested.
19. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
1. Pleasant, courteous and professional customer service skills.
2. Must type 45 WPM
3. Working knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office software. Specifically is proficient in
the use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
4. Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills.
5. Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
6. Demonstrates ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative fashion.
7. Timely in the completion of tasks.
8. Maintains the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
1. Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when
traveling between campus buildings, off campus, Dispensaries and Medical Marijuana facilities
located outside office locations.
2. Standard office hours are TBD.
3. Performing duties and attending events during the evening and on the weekend occurs
occasionally and is required.
4. Traveling off-campus to a local, state, regional and/or national event, as well as travel to other
THC College campuses or facilities occurs occasionally
and is required.
5. Incumbent may be exposed to frequent noise caused by telephones, office machines, and nearby
oral communications among Colege personnel and/or students.
Required Physical Abilities
1. Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, and/or move from one area of the building to another on a
regular basis, sit and use a computer for a long period of time,
2. Manual and physical dexterity needed to operate a computer keyboard and handle paper
3. Sufficient near vision acuity to read information appearing on computer display screen, in handwritten
forms, and printed on paper,
4. Adequate hearing and verbal abilities to communicate effectively in person and by telephone,
5. Ability to lift and carry a stack of forms and documents weighing up to 20 pounds.
6. Any additional area-specific requirements.
Other Hiring Criteria
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Three years of experience as an administrative support specialist or equivalent.
1. College Degree.
2. Three years of administrative support experience in an academic setting or equivalent.